Contrary to popular belief, trees are actually the most essential, irreplaceable plants on our properties, if for no reason other than the fact that they take so long to grow and mature.
However, it’s worth noting that trees also provide life-sustaining oxygen, advanced water filtration, soil stability in terms of its pH balance, and opulent curb appeal, which is why we’ve created this instructive write-up to underscore some notable facts about trees and explain exactly how your local tree services can help improve your property as a whole.
Trees Are Beguiling and Fascinating in Their Own Right
Many people don’t give trees a second thought, and we tend to take them for granted, but here are some profound yet little-known bits of information regarding these towering natural giants:
- Trees are universally classified as the longest living species on the planet, which means they represent a unique nexus of the past, present, and future. In fact, the rings found in the cross section of a tree disclose much more than just its age – the rings can also reveal various ecological events, such as prolonged droughts, lava explosions, and organic epidemics.
- The colloquial phrase “knock on wood” is derived from historic Pagan societies that would thump or whack the bases of trees to summon the helpful spirits and essences living within their trunks.
- Believe it or not, some tree species are able to communicate with one another. For instance, willows will release a particular amalgamation of chemicals when attacked by certain pests, which notifies neighbouring willows to produce a bitter-tasting deterrent consisting of gallic acid, a pure form of coordinated teamwork in nature.
- The most prevalent tree species throughout Australia include Eucalyptus, Golden Wattle, Callistemon Bottlebrush, Moreton Bay Fig, and Melaleuca Paperbark, though it is believed that there are dozens of undiscovered hybrids and crossbreeds just waiting to be studied.
Additionally, you might want to know that tactfully planted trees around your property can help you save more than 20% per year on your utility costs. They provide sun-blocking shade during the hotter months, and they serve as a steadfast windscreen during the wintertime.
The Advantages of Partnering with Arboreal Experts
If you’ve noticed some unhealthy, storm-damaged, or termite-weakened trees around your property, or if you’d like to clear some land for a construction project, it’s in your best interests to contact a local expert that specialises in tree removal in Perth Western, Australia. The best-rated firms can handle all of the following undertakings:
- Tree pruning and lopping to revitalise branches and enhance curb appeal
- Stump grinding and stump removals
- Power-line clearances, vegetation maintenance, and other integral tasks
- Authorised arborist reporting
- Emergency callout services
- Competitively priced mulch and landscaping supply deliveries
This brief list only covers a small subsection of what your local tree professionals can do, so be sure to reach out to a licensed company in your proximity for an individual site assessment and consultation as soon as you can.